Parental Responsibilities at BNS
At BNS, our families work together to make our co-op preschool a fun and successful environment.
Participating BNS parents will:
- Co-op in the classrooms on a rotating schedule – either as a “regular” or “limited” co-oper. For more details, see our Co-Op Options and Tuition page.
- Provide the classroom snack on a rotating schedule.
- Make playdough for the classroom once a year.
- Follow teacher guidelines for tasks to be completed in the classroom.
- Be attentive to the children’s safety at all times.
- Promote positive interactions between children and adults.
- Support the BNS approach to fostering children’s independence.
- Have fun and learn with the children.
In addition to classroom participation, all BNS parents are responsible for:
- Serving on either a School Committee or the School Board.
- Participating in Unpacking Day, Packing Day, two Saturday morning work parties and our fall and spring Rummage Sales.
- Attending up to four parent meetings throughout the school year, which are usually held in the evenings.